Hezekiah: Don't be selfish with blessings


Yeah, if you’re saying “who?” I won’t hold it against you, since when God first put his name into my head, all I knew was that he was one of the many kings in the Old Testament, and that’s about it. But so you know, Hezekiah’s story is told in 2 Kings 18-21, 2 Chronicles 29-32, and Isaiah 36-39. He was a king in Judah for 29 years, beginning at the age of 25. The Bible says that no other kings of Judah were like him. He’s the guy that destroyed all shrines including the brazen serpent that had become an idol to the people. However, his end wasn’t as great as his beginning, as he became proud and selfish and his son Manasseh was a wicked king.

So clearly, when God put that name into my head (day after day after day, might I add!) I read all about him and took notes and everything. I thought that would be enough.

Nope. Hezekiah was still floating around in my brain.

So as I prayed about what God wanted me to learn from this king, I finally got some answers and I’d like to share those lessons with you.

1) Hezekiah cried out to the Lord, and was foolish with what he did with his blessings he was answered with.

2) The Lord will save you to save others – don’t choose to be selfish in your blessings and lead others to destruction

He really was an interesting guy, so read about this king yourself and see what God will reveal to you through his story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023: Newness & Renewal

Holy Fire